Rahul to address booth chiefs
Congress president Rahul Gandhi will address party polling booth incharges at a convention here on on Monday
New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi will address party polling booth in-charges at a convention here on on Monday.
The convention -- 'Mera Booth, Mera Gaurav' (my booth, my pride) -- will be held at Indira Gandhi Stadium on March 11, working president of Delhi Congress Haroon Yusuf said on Thursday.
"In light of the reports of BJP's manipulations to win elections, Rahul Gandhi will guide the booth in-charges on how to remain alert at booths and check EVMs (electronic voting machines) and keep watch on working of voter verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) machines during the elections," Yusuf said.
Delhi Congress leaders said that Gandhi wanted to meet foot soldiers of the party so as to encourage them and give them tips about cornering the BJP and the AAP over the failures of their dispensations at the Centre and in Delhi, respectively.
- BJP asks Delhi Police to withdraw security for Kejriwal
- BJP candidate, party leader attacked in West Bengal
- Pragya Thakur should be expelled from BJP: Nitish Kumar
- Chandrababu Naidu holds second round of talks with Rahul Gandhi, Sharad Pawar
- There's no difference between a terrorist organisation and TMC: BJP's CK Bose