- Bhatti’s People’s March dubbed momentous
- AAP dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- Khammam: Glowing tributes lavished on NTR
- Hyderabad: Delays persist Rejected beneficiaries await ration cards
- Kejriwal meets Jain, calls him brave man
- Ramu’s movie highlighted facts of NTR’s life: Lakshmi Parvathi
- Warangal: Hopes of Mamnoor Airport revival still intact
- New Parliament House a jewel in the crown of Mother India: Pawan Kalyan
- Record turnout for Mahanadu on second day
- Nalgonda: ‘State formation decennial celebrations with eye on polls’
Super Kings start with a convincing win
Champions League TWenty20 : Super Kings Start With A Convincing Win.Chennai Super Kings started their Champions League TWenty20 campaign with a convincing win over Titans at the JSCA International Stadium Complex here Sunday. Champions League TWenty20, Chennai Super Kings, Titans, Chennai Super Kings Beat Titans
Chennai Super Kings started their Champions League TWenty20 campaign with a convincing win over Titans at the JSCA International Stadium Complex here Sunday. Super Kings easily chased down the target of 186, as they reached 187 with seven balls to spare after Mike Hussey and Suresh Raina struck 47 each. Dwayne Bravo struck a quick 38 while Subramanian Badrinath remained unbeaten on 20 off 20 balls to ensure the four-wicket win.
Super Kings, however, suffered a poor start as Murali Vijay was bowled by Roelof van der Merwe in the opening over. Till then the Titans had the momentum courtesy AB de Villiers' brutal innings of 77 and plenty of wayward bowling that took them to 185 for five in 20 overs.
But if Super Kings bowlers were wayward, Titans were worse. Raina and Hussey got the freedom to open their arms. The flood gates were opened after Rowan Richards, Morne Morkel and Marchant de Lange gave away 13, 24 and 14 respectively off the third, fourth and fifth over.A
It took away the pressure from Super Kings. Raina and Hussey added 89 for the second wicket at over 12 an over before Raina fell to David Wiese in the eighth over. Raina's 47 off 28 balls was studde with two sixes and five fours while Hussey with seven fours and a six in his 26-ball innings.
Brief scores :
Titans 185/5 in 20 overs (De Villiers 77, Davids 52; Bravo 2/34).
Chennai Super Kings 187/6 in 18.5 overs (Hussey 47, Raina 47, Bravo 38; Richards 3/29). Chennai Super Kings won by four wickets.