- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Sony to telecast IVL matches live
In a major boost to volleyball in the country, Sony Pictures Network SPN is collaborating with Baseline Ventures with whom they have signed a deal on Thursday and Volleyball Federation VFI to promote the sport to newer vistas
Hyderabad: In a major boost to volleyball in the country, Sony Pictures Network (SPN) is collaborating with Baseline Ventures with whom they have signed a deal on Thursday and Volleyball Federation (VFI) to promote the sport to newer vistas.
The broadcast major will telecast live all the 18 matches that are being played during Pro Volleyball League (PVL) that is to get underway in February next.
According to Rajesh Kaul, President, Sports and Distribution Business, SPN, “our focus has been to promote a multi-sport culture in India and Pro Volleyball League makes for a perfect platform.
Volleyball is an extremely popular sport in n key markets like South and North India, producing world class players.
From early discussions we realised that our values are completely aligned with Baseline Ventures’ – nurturing the development of various sports in India and we are happy to be on-board for the Pro Volleyball League.”
Echoing similar sentiment, Joy Bhattacharjya, CEO, Pro Volleyball League, said, “To allow for a good and clear broadcast window for the League and to ensure that the League can be promoted extensively across all platforms including the hugely popular digital platform Sony LIV, we have decided to start PVL in February.”
Tuhin Mishra, Managing Director, Baseline Ventures India Pvt Ltd, observed, “SPN has been successfully bringing some of the best global sports action to the Indian audiences for years now.
Moreover, we completely believe them to be the right partners for the global sport of Volleyball to take centre stage in India.”