- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar thanks PM Modi for MSP on crops
- French Open: Defending champ Swiatek ousts Gauff to book semifinal spot
- Meta Verified badge arrives to India, starts from Rs 699
- 20 bogies of goods train derail in Assam; no casualty
- Karnataka High Court dismisses gynaecologist's plea to quash FIR
- Worm genetics reveals key pathways for sleep regulation: Study
- Cancel interim protection to Sameer Wankhede: CBI to Bombay High Court
- India, US discuss high-tech joint production ahead of PM Modi's visit
Paes wins second title of 2018 season
Old warhorse Leander Paes is still going great guns as the veteran tennis star won his second Challenger level title of the season, lifting the Santo Domingo Open trophy with partner Miguel Angel Reyyes Varela
New Delhi: Old warhorse Leander Paes is still going great guns as the veteran tennis star won his second Challenger level title of the season, lifting the Santo Domingo Open trophy with partner Miguel Angel Reyyes-Varela.
The second seeded Indo-Mexican pair, playing its second consecutive final, came from behind to beat Ariel Behar and Roberto Quiroz 4-6, 6-3, 10-5 in the summit clash, which lasted one hour and 26 minutes.
Paes, who is ranked 69, added 110 ranking points to his kitty and shared a prize purse of USD 7750 with his partner.
Last week, the 45-year-old Paes and Angel ended runners-up at Montrrey Challenger to Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan and Marcelo Arevalo.
Paes also ended runner-up at Chicago, Dallas on the ATP Challenger circuit and won the Newport Beach event in January.
Apart from these, Paes also reached the final of Winston-Salem Open and Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on the ATP World Tour, ending runner-up with Jamie Cerretani in both the tournaments.