- Chandrababu Naidu arrives at TDP Mahanadu public meeting, to address the gathering
- TDP Mahanadu: All set for huge public meeting, Naidu to arrive at venue shortly
- Shaakuntalam Bags A Total Of 4 Awards At Prestigious Cannes World Film Festival Awards 2023
- Kodali Nani pays tribute to NTR, challenges Naidu, Lokesh to contest from Gannavaram
- Rajinikanth, Anupam Kher And SRK Praise PM Modi On The Occasion Of New Parliament Inauguration
- Modi pays tribute to NTR at 101st Mann ki Baat, says he earned place in hearts of people
- Sharwanand Drops A Tweet And Confirms That He Met With A Minor Car Accident
- 'DJ Tillu' Fame Praneeth Reddy Says, ‘I Want To Hold A Versatile ‘Tag’, Rather Than Being The Lead Actor
- AP Weather update: Heatwave predicted in several mandals today and evening
- NTR's centenary as 'Telugu Heritage Day' in America
SFA to commence Hyderabad’s Olympic style championship
Indias largest professional interschool sporting system, SFA Sporting Services, is all set to begin its Hyderabad Championship on Saturday Comprising over 20 sports, including 15 disciplines of Olympic sports, the SFA Championship will be a 10day sporting extravaganza for students across Hyderabad and will end on November 5
Hyderabad: India’s largest professional inter-school sporting system, SFA Sporting Services, is all set to begin its Hyderabad Championship on Saturday. Comprising over 20 sports, including 15 disciplines of Olympic sports, the SFA Championship will be a 10-day sporting extravaganza for students across Hyderabad and will end on November 5.
The first event is skating which will take place at the Indira Park stadium, this will be followed by tennis at the L.B Stadium on Saturday. The events at the Gachibowli Stadium will begin from Monday. With its maiden edition in Hyderabad last year, the Championship is now in its 2nd year and has revolutionized sports at the grassroots level with its uniqueness, and can be regarded as the ‘Olympics of school sports’. The current registrations have touched 18,500, a good leap from last year’s 14,000.
The maiden edition saw leading educational institutions such as HPS, Oakridge International School, CHIREC International School, Johnson Grammar School, Future Kids School and Silver Oaks amongst many others come together to compete in rigorous tournaments across 23 sporting disciplines, namely basketball, football, handball, hockey, archery, fencing and kabaddi, among others.
There were as many as 13 international athletes and 41 national level athletes who participated in the event last season. Telangana State Sports School (Hakimpet) emerged as the top sports school last year with a haul of 36 gold, 14 silver and 14 bronze medals.
Interestingly, the 137-strong contingent (71 male and 66 female) from Telangana State Sports School participated in just three disciplines. Silver Oaks International School came second with 20 gold, 15 silver and 17 bronze whereas The Hyderabad Public School (Begumpet) came in third with 22 gold, 12 silver and 10 bronze. Vignan Vidyalaya (Nizampet) had the strongest contingent with 639 (409 male and 230 female) participants. The Future Kid's School (Puppal Guda) had 574 (315 male and 259 female) participants.
SFA was recently conferred with the title of ‘Best Sports Startup of 2018’ by the FICCI India Sports Awards (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry). In a letter to SFA founder and managing director Rishikesh Joshi, FICCI wrote: “This is a true recognition of the work done by SFA for growth and development of sports in the country.
The recent performance of India at world level also reflects the efforts put in by professional companies in sports. We are equally happy at this selection and hope this award would further motivate SFA and other companies as well in taking sports to newer heights and get more laurels to the nation.”