- Ex-India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Vidya Balan Takes Legal Action Against Fake Instagram Account
- K’taka govt suspends police officer for filing ‘false case’ against 40 lawyers
- MVV Satyanarayana's Padayatra in Visakhapatnam East Constituency Receives Great Response
- WPL: Sutherland will add a lot of firepower to our team, says DC captain Lanning
- Nitin Gadkari to inaugurate projects worth Rs 13,000 cr in Karnataka
- Amazon plans to launch low-priced fashion vertical 'Bazaar' in India
- Yashasvi gains big in ICC Test rankings after double ton in Rajkot
- PM to dedicate to nation 2 N-power reactors; Kakrapar plant 4 to be connected to grid soon
- PFRDA notifies simplified rules for Pension Funds, NPS Trust
Beyond literature: What to do in Jaipur while attending the JLF
The largest literature festival in the Asia Pacific region, the Jaipur Literature Festival, is back to spellbind literary enthusiasts across the globe With a myriad of literary sessions slated to be held at the spectacular Diggi Palace hotel, this years festival will span over four days, from January 2428 If you are planning to attend this readers paradise in Jaipur, you wont want to miss ou
The largest literature festival in the Asia Pacific region, the Jaipur Literature Festival, is back to spellbind literary enthusiasts across the globe. With a myriad of literary sessions slated to be held at the spectacular Diggi Palace hotel, this year's festival will span over four days, from January 24-28. If you are planning to attend this reader's paradise in Jaipur, you won't want to miss out on the magnificent palaces, colourful bazaars and many other one-of-a-kind experiences that the city has to offer.
Breathe in the culture
To truly immerse yourself into the rich and vibrant culture of Rajasthan, kickstart your visit with a trip to Chokhi Dhani. This village resort transports your senses to a rustic rural realm peppered with magic shows, folk dance performances, elephant and camel rides, boating and acrobatics. Entrenched in the cultural legacy of the Jaipur, here you will also be able to take your taste buds on a riveting Rajasthani ride.
An adventure of a lifetime
Zip through the wildlife with the famous jungle safaris or witness the mighty leopards, tigers and hyenas at the Ranthambore National Park. Experience the wilderness upfront through a unique camel safari, paraglide across the sparkling lakes or drift over the city in a hot air balloon.
These humble little stores house thousands of years of the grand Rajasthani tradition. Within these bazaars, you can get your hands on everything from beautifully carved wooden souvenirs to colorful handicrafts and mesmerizingly designed marble sculptures. You can also find exquisite Rajasthani gold jewelry, Mojari jootis and chappals, and blue pottery that is unique to these wondrous locales.
Forts and palaces
When in Jaipur, you must not miss out on some of its most celebrated spectacles of architecture including the Jal Mahal, the Amer Fort and the Nahargarh Fort. The splendid Jal Mahal is nestled in the Man Sagar Lake amidst the Nahargarh hills with its architecture a magnificent amalgamation of Rajput and Mughal styles. The Nahargarh fort, a palace that offered homage to the British during India's charged freedom struggle, offers an unparalleled view of the entire city.
The Amer fort is another opulent palace built in red sandstone and marble, which is also one of the venues of the Jaipur Literature Festival this year. Several heritage walks will be organised for attendees of the festival, so you can have first hand experiences guided by seasoned local tour guides.