BlackBerry aims to monetize BBM
BlackBerry Aims To Monetize BBM. BlackBerry Aims To Monetize BBM With Channels
Washington: In a bid to monetize its popular messaging platform, BlackBerry is reportedly adding two types ofin-app ads to the service.
The update to the BBM app includes sponsored invites for BBM Channels and sponsored channel posts.According to Tech Crunch, the ads for BBM put either sponsored invitations to join a Channel in the "Invites" tab of the app, or put sponsored content right in the "Updates" tab.
Although, it is live for Android beta users, and is being planned for iOS and Windows Phone users,BlackBerry natives might be spared any ads, which means it is essentially just a tax levied on third-party users of BBM.
The report said that trying out ads gives the sinking smartphone manufacturer a revenue model to explore if it wants to run the service in-house over the long term.
Other monetization options include adding money-transfer services to BBM, which the company debuted last year in Indonesia and recently expressed interest in further exploring the possibilities, the report added.
- Despite Lok Sabha poll loss, Congress happy to win Naxal-hit Bastar seat
- PM Modi calls on Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
- Taxi driver held for raping minor girl in Dungarpur in Rajasthan
- Suspects in murder of Smriti Irani's aide held by police in Amethi
- Indian Charged With Transporting Illegal Immigrants From Canada to US