Man puts word 'The' on eBay sale
An enterprising Australian man is selling the English word \'The\' written on a piece of scrap paper on eBay and the bidding has already reached a whopping AUS$10,099
MELBOURNE: An enterprising Australian man is selling the English word 'The' written on a piece of scrap paper on eBay and the bidding has already reached a whopping AUS$10,099.
The man already has offers from 18 bidders who have made 44 bids — the highest till now being that of AUS$10,099 and there are still three days to go.
In his post, the seller "sweatyman" said, "I am selling the word 'The'."
Sweatyman lists the item as "a versatile word that can be used in literally thousands of sentences," the 'Metro' reported.
"Ideal for any situation, this fun-loving item fits perfectly in the palm of your hand, wallet, or purse," he said.
"Handwritten with blue ballpoint pen, on a torn piece of Reflex A4 paper, this versatile word can be used in literally thousands of sentences.
"For example: 'The dogs have escaped again'; 'I will buy some meat from the local deli.'; 'What's the time?'" he wrote on eBay.
The seven-day bidding began at 0.99 cents and the seller won't accept returns for the item.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard