Railway budget 2014 : e-ticketing to get a makeover
Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda Tuesday said the current railway reservation system will be
Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda said the current railway reservation system will be revamped through the use of next generation e-ticketing system.
The minister, presenting his maiden budget in the Lok Sabha, said instruments like ticket booking through mobile phones and post offices will be promoted.
The minister said the railways will improve the reservation capabilities through e-ticketing to support 7,200 ticket bookings per minute from 2,000 tickets per minute and allow 120,000 simultaneous users to use the system at any point.
The minister said the facility of coin-operated automatic ticket vending machines will be introduced on an experimental basis and efforts will be made to provide the facility of buying platform tickets and unreserved tickets over the internet.
Combo-ticking like parking-cum-platform tickets will be launched to facilitate the passengers.
He added that online booking facility of railway retiring room will be extended to all the stations during the course of the year.
- Lok Sabha Elections Results 2019 Live Updates: Counting of votes to begins at 8 am
- EC rejects Opposition demand for VVPAT verification before vote count
- 4 judges elevated to Supreme Court
- No political benefit for BJP from Ram Mandir
- Lok Sabha Results 2019: Track winners, losers and other details in real-time