- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
- Ola's S1 Pro electric scooter gets PLI certification to boost green mobility
- Ranji Trophy: Big win over Tamil Nadu takes Mumbai into final for 48th time
- Sinead O'Connor's slams Trump for using singer's best-selling single at rallies
- Tata Motors to demerge business into two separate listed companies
- Interoperable payment system for Net banking to be launched this year: RBI chief
- Cash-for-query row: Delhi HC rejects interim injunction against 'defamatory' posts on Mahua Moitra
Harish tells babus to finalise PMKSY irrigation proposals
Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao on Friday directed the officials to finalise the proposals and forward them to the Union government, seeking financial assistance for 11 irrigation projects under the Centrally sponsored PMKSY (Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana) by the end of this month.
Hyderabad: Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao on Friday directed the officials to finalise the proposals and forward them to the Union government, seeking financial assistance for 11 irrigation projects under the Centrally sponsored PMKSY (Pradhanmantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana) by the end of this month.
The Minister held a detailed review on the status of the project proposals with the officials here. He said Centre had agreed to release Rs 1,155crore as grant under AIBP (Accelerated Irrigation benefit Programme) and the State was trying to get Rs 2,825crore loan from NABARD for the construction of the projects.
As per the guidelines issued by the Centre, the construction of the 11 projects (four major and seven medium level projects) should be completed by August 2015. Harish Rao directed the Irrigation officials to conduct field survey for five projects taken up in Adilabad district and send the proposals to the Centre in four days. Progress in land acquired under Devadula project was also discussed in the detail at the meeting.
The Minister was informed that the acquisition of nearly 1,000 acres of land was under progress at project site in Warangal district. Harish Rao also reviewed the progress in the preparation of district water plans for the optimum utilisation of water for irrigation purpose in the future.