- Your ears and toes can be hotspots for unhealthy microbes: Study
- Two die during Ganesh immersion procession in Hyderabad
- World Heart Day: 1,250 new heart attack cases reported in people under 35 years in B’luru in last two years
- We have faith in the courts, and will get justice: Former Minister Narayana
- Spotify to roll out auto-generated transcripts to millions of podcasts
- Blast near mosque in Balochistan kills 6, injures 30
- Karimnagar: Anganwadi workers’ strike enters 18th day
- PL Technical Research: Vaishali Parekh, Vice President - Technical Research, Prabhudas Lilladher Pvt.
- YS Jagan disburses YSR Vahana Mitra funds, says next election is war between rich and poor
- Vijayawada: ‘Swaminathan made indelible mark on Indian agri sector’
Rakul pockets `1.5 crore for retail branding?
Parellell to her rise as an actress, hotshot star Rakul Preet Singh’s brand value is soaring by the day. A top retail brand has reportedly coughed up Rs 1.5 crore to sign up the ‘Sypder’ actress as their brand ambassador
Parellell to her rise as an actress, hotshot star Rakul Preet Singh’s brand value is soaring by the day. A top retail brand has reportedly coughed up Rs 1.5 crore to sign up the ‘Sypder’ actress as their brand ambassador. The actress would be promoting and appearing in ads to promote the swanky retail outlet. “She has touched the peak as an actress and it is bound to reflect on her brand value as well. So the retail brand didn’t mind paying her a fancy sum,” says a source, close to the actress.
With one stroke, the actress has outwitted her arch rivals like Kajal Agarwal, Tamannaah and Shruti Haasan in retail endorsements. “Usually top actresses are paid anywhere between Rs 60 lakh to Rs 1 crore, but Rakul raced ahead of them and pocketed the highest price for a local endorsement,” adds the source. After blockbusters ‘Nannaku Prematho’ and ‘Rarandoi Veduka Chuddam’, the actress is looking forward to her B-town film ‘Aiyarey’ apart from some plum offers from K-town. “She is expanding her brand equity beyond two Telugu states,” the source concludes.