- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
3 Indian beaches make it to Asia’s top 10 list
India has three of the top 10 beaches in Asia favoured by travellers, a survey by travel website said. The beaches are Agonda, Palolem (both in Goa) and Radhanagar on the Havelock Island in the Andamans, according to TripAdvisor\'s top 10 \'Asia\'s Travellers\' Choice Award-Winning Beaches\'.
Agonda, Palolem & Radhanagar
Mumbai : India has three of the top 10 beaches in Asia favoured by travellers, a survey by travel website said. The beaches are Agonda, Palolem (both in Goa) and Radhanagar on the Havelock Island in the Andamans, according to TripAdvisor's top 10 'Asia's Travellers' Choice Award-Winning Beaches'.
"India, with its extensive shoreline, is dotted with beautiful stretches of sand and it's great to see these gems gaining recognition globally," TripAdvisor India's Country Manager Nikhil Ganju said. However, none of the beaches from India feature in the category of the world's best beaches.
Ranked number four, the Agonda beach is known for its picturesque and quiet landscape, and is touted as a great sunbathing spot for tourists. Ranked eighth, the Pololem beach has towering coconut palms and is home to unspoiled beauty.
Stretching between two magnificent head lands, Palolem beach is lined with towering coconut palms and is largely unspoiled. It is inhabited by local fishermen and foreigners. Radhanagar beach has been ranked tenth in the list, for its beauteous white sands and palm trees.
This year's list of awards honours 343 beaches, that includes both the top 10 in the world and the best beaches for Asia, Africa, Australia, the Caribbean, Central America, Europe, South America, the South Pacific, the UK and the US.