Self-defence training for cops
The Commissioner of Police, Vikram Jeet Duggal, sought public cooperation to help the police department to perform its duties properly.
Ramagundam: The Commissioner of Police, Vikram Jeet Duggal, sought public cooperation to help the police department to perform its duties properly.
He launched Quick Reaction Team (QRT) and self-defence training programme for 40 constables including 10 women constables here on Monday.
Speaking on the occasion, he said the State government has set up SHE teams for protecting women. “SHE teams will solve personal problems and domestic issues also. The training would help one to protect oneself from physical attacks,” he added.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Vijayender Reddy and Praveen Kumar, Assistant Commissioner of Police Sindhu Sharma were present.
- Amid criticism by Opposition, Pranab Mukherjee hails Election Commission
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda