- IIT-K bags Best Assisted Technology Initiatives at ATF Awards 2023
- Dell empowers 2 mn Indians in digital skills, to expand further
- Stop guessing! Use an inflation calculator for investment success
- Mulugu SP alerts people amid heavy rains due to cyclone Michaung
- Women at COP28: Meet five Indian women who are pioneering climate action in the country
- Crucial meeting on finalising clearing the name of CLP leader begins at Kharge’s residence
- Exploring the Rich Tapestry of Odissi Dance at Utsav Festival
- CM’s new convoy in place ahead of oath taking ceremony
- World Soil Day
- McAfee Study reveals Indian festive online shopping behavior and advises precautions on “too good to be true” deals
Ancient Idols Seized By The Police And Seven Detained
- The Idol Wing police captured Meenakshi and Rishabadevar's idols and detained seven people
- The idol traffickers trusted the police squad who pretended to be purchasers, and the crew carried the Meenakshi amman idol on a two-wheeler.
Following on an information, a specialized squad led by Superintendent of Police Rajaram travelled to Melmaruvathur in Kancheepuram district earlier on Sunday to investigate the possibility of any idols being transported out of Sithaamur.
The Police team fabricated a story to catch the smugglers. The idol traffickers trusted the police squad who pretended to be purchasers, and in the meantime, the crew carried the Meenakshi amman idol on a two-wheeler vehicle and recieved the idol.
Following determining the ancient worth of the idol, the special police team detained D. Karthik and B. Moorthy of Chennai. S. Sundaramurthy, V. Kumaran, M. Ashok, R. Arivarasu, and M. Abdul Rahman were detained by the Idol Wing police after an inquiry.
Rishabadevar's statue was discovered in a residence in Vellore district by a police team. Meanwhile, the two idols, as well as all of the detained people, were brought before a judicial magistrate within the Idol Theft Prevention Act. However, the Idol Wing's past and idol trafficking network are being investigated by the cops.