- Kerala High Court quashes POCSO case against mother for posting video of kids painting on her body
- Nearly 4K people lost their jobs in US due to AI in May: Report
- Android 14 may include advanced memory protection feature
- Delhi BJP accuses Kejriwal of 'insulting' national anthem
- Karnataka Budget to be tabled on July 7, says CM Siddaramaiah, as all eyes set to watch allocations for 'guarantees'
- WhatsApp rolling out new calling button on iOS beta
- Formula 1: Mercedes optimistic after significant progress shown at Spanish GP
- US, India agree roadmap for defence industry cooperation
- Primary schools in B'desh shut due to heatwave
- OTT: Allu Arjun crowns Soujanya Bhagavathula as the winner of aha “Telugu Indian Idol Season 2”
Aadhaar PAN Linking: All Queries Answered Here
In India, the Aadhaar card and PAN card are considered as very crucial documents.
In India two documents are considered essential, one is the Aadhaar card, and the other one is PAN card.
PAN: The PAN (permanent account number) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number. The Department of Income Tax issues PAN Card. PAN is used to file tax returns, TDS / TCS credits, tax payments.
Aadhaar: Aadhaar is a random 12-digit number. Aadhaar Card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar card is used as proof of identity.
Link Aadhaar PAN Online:
To link your Aadhaar and PAN, you need to go to
You must fill in the details such as PAN and Aadhaar Number, Name as per Aadhaar. After filling all these details select "I have the only year of birth in Aadhaar card" and "I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI", Captcha code. Click on "Aadhaar Link" after following all these steps.
Status of Aadhaar PAN Link:
To know the status, please visit
Fill up your 10-digit PAN and 12-digit Aadhaar Number, then click on "View Aadhaar link status".
Aadhaar PAN Link Mandatory:
Previously, the Supreme Court ruled that the Aadhaar-PAN link is mandatory to file tax returns. In April 2019, the CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) issued an order stating that anyone filing income tax returns after April 1, must quote their Aadhaar numbers.
The Section 139AA of the Income Tax Act states every person who has PAN as on July 1, 2017, must link it with the Aadhaar Card.
Aadhaar PAN Interchangeable for Filing Income Tax:
On July 5, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in 2019 Budget proposed that for the convenience of taxpayers Aadhaar and PAN be interchangeable. Those who do not have PAN can file tax returns by using Aadhaar details.
Aadhaar PAN Link Name Mismatch:
You cannot link Aadhaar and PAN if your name on Aadhaar and PAN do not match. You do not need to panic, follow the steps listed here:
Last Date to Link Aadhaar PAN:
September 30, 2019, is the last date for the linking of Aadhaar and PAN card.