- Crackdown on Illicit Medical Practices
- Egg on the face of Muncipality
- Leelavathi was embodiment of selflessness: DCM D K Shivakumar
- Greenwood High students win inter school soccer tournament
- Senior Leadership Programme in Fintech launched
- GITAM to conduct hands-on workshop from Dec 20
- Apple Watch help save US woman & her baby's life: Report
- Hyderabad: Kreative Minds expands its artistic horizon with ‘Esthetique 2023’
- Border Security Force (BSF) Takes Action Against Drones And Smuggling: SOP Implemented
- Supreme Court verdict on Article 370 'disturbing': CPI(M)
Hyderabad: All set for Bathukamma saree distribution from tomorrow
The State government is all set to start the distribution of Bathukamma sarees from October 2, which would be available for women folk in the State in around 30 new designs and 20 colours.
Hyderabad: The State government is all set to start the distribution of Bathukamma sarees from October 2, which would be available for women folk in the State in around 30 new designs and 20 colours. This year, the government has spent over Rs 331 crore on these sarees.
Adding that this time they have taken steps to ensure better quality, the authorities said that the length of the saree has been increased to 6.5 metres besides bringing out them enticing colors and patterns.
There are about 1.08 crore sarees, most of them weaved in Sircilla district with 16,000 weavers engaged. This year the packaging of sarees is done attractively, and distribution centres are being set up near ration shops across villages and municipal wards.
Women aged above 18 years and having white ration card will be given these sarees. The distribution of sarees will be done under the supervision of ration dealers, panchayat secretaries and representatives of Self-Help Groups.
With strict Covid-19 guidelines in place, the government plans to distribute sarees in two ways either by directly handing over the sarees at the doorsteps of eligible women or by arranging distribution centres by taking all Covid precautions as it was done last year.
In the urban areas, the distribution will be supervised by bill collectors of wards and dealers of fair price shops.
In Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) limits, Commissioner DS Lokesh Kumar instructed all the deputy commissioners to make the necessary arrangements for the smooth distribution of sarees by involving area Ministers, MLAs and other public representatives.
The city's civic body is making arrangements to distribute around about 8.90 lakh sarees through 506 distribution points and 631 fair price shops.