- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Hyderabad: MLC Alugubelli Narsi Reddy fasts in support of teachers for new PRC
Musheerabad: Member of the State Legislative Council Alugubelli Narsi Reddy on Thursday undertook a fast at the Dharna Chowk to draw attention on the...
Musheerabad: Member of the State Legislative Council Alugubelli Narsi Reddy on Thursday undertook a fast at the Dharna Chowk to draw attention on the problems of teacher-pensioners. Addressing the participants in the protest, he accused the government of adopting a negligent attitude on the issue. Reddy alleged that the government had promised in 2018 after setting up a committee that the PRC would be ready in three months.
He claimed that although the PRC report was ready the government was reluctant to solve the problem but Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had announced unasked to increase the employees' retirement age to 61, when the employees said 60 was sufficient. The MLC accused KCR of encouraging private/contract employment, contrary to his assurance, and resorting to exploitation of the employees' services. He appealed to teachers organisations to jointly agitate to focus attention on problems facing the education sector, while pledging his support to the employees. The MLC appealed for making the March 13 Chalo Assembly rally successful.
Representatives of several teachers' organisations, Telangana TDP president L Ramana and party Politburo member R Chandrasekhar Reddy were among those who extended support to the protest.