Hyderabad: Sajjanar meets green challenge
• Appeals to people to help spread green cover by involving themselves in tree plantation • He also makes a fervent plea to people to ensure good...
• Appeals to people to help spread green cover by involving themselves in tree plantation
• He also makes a fervent plea to people to ensure good care of plants for at least 3 months
• Thanks MP Joginapally Santosh Kumar for launching the Green India challenge
• Large-scale tree plantation drive at offices of DCPs, ACPs and police stations on CM's birthday
Gachibowli: Cyberabad Commissioner of Police V C Sajjanar on Friday planted fruit-bearing saplings in his office as part of Green India Challenge given by TV 9 anchor Roja. He appealed to people to encourage green cover by themselves taking up tree plantation, with a call to save them at least for three months, while thanking MP Joginapally Santosh Kumar for launching the challenge.
The CP urged people to also nominate three persons for taking up the green drive, while throwing the challenge to 13 persons, including Assembly Secretary Narsimha Rao, Google vice-president Arjit Sarkar, Wipro CEO Vijay, Infosys centre head Raghu, TCS vice-president Rajanna, besides several CEOs of IT companies.
The CP disclosed that, in response to the desire of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao to plant trees across the State on his birthday on February 17, large-scale plantation of saplings would be taken up in all offices of DCPs, ACPs and police stations in the Cyberbad Commissionerate.
Among those present on the occasion were Green India Challenge co-founder Raghava, Women and Child Safety Wing DCP Anasuya, Additional DCP (Crimes)K Kavita and others.