- Anasuya needs ‘mental peace;’ stops war with Vijay fans
- Why 200 units for consumers who use 100 units ?: Siddaramaiah
- Following are foreign exchange rates on June - 10-2023
- Bobby to show Balakrishna in vintage avatar; here is the poster
- Hyderabad Police issues Traffic Advisory
- 10 beauty ingredients that have made K-Beauty viral worldwide
- Sharad Pawar Appoints Supriya Sule and Ajit Pawar as NCP working presidents
- 10.27 kg gold seized in Nellore and Hyderabad districts, one arrested
- Hyderabad: KTR stresses on Reduce, Recycle, Reuse mantra
- National children’s day, history, significance and quotes
Mayor meets residents to know their problems in Warangal
The city will be transformed into a tourist hub, Greater Warangal Mayor Gunda Prakash Rao said, laying foundation stone for Rs 50 lakh developmental works in the 20th Division during his ‘Nagara Bata’ here on Friday.
Warangal: The city will be transformed into a tourist hub, Greater Warangal Mayor Gunda Prakash Rao said, laying foundation stone for Rs 50 lakh developmental works in the 20th Division during his 'Nagara Bata' here on Friday. The Mayor said that efforts are on to develop the city by providing infrastructural facilities.
The ongoing developmental works under Smart City Project, Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana (HRIDAY), Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) and Rs 300 crore per annum special development funds from the State Government would change the ace of the city, the Mayor said. He appealed to the people to cooperate with the Greater Warangal Municipal Corporation (GWMC) in disposing the waste.
Responding to a resident's appeal, the Mayor directed the officials to take measures to divert the floodwaters to drainage to keep the colony clean. He also directed them to take necessary action to keep a tab on mosquitoes. The Mayor told the residents to join the green drive – Haritha Haram – being conducted by the State government by planting saplings in their locality.
GWMC Commissioner N Ravi Kiran, 20th Division Corporator Embadi Ravinder, KUDA Project Officer Ajith Reddy, EE Srinivas Rao, DE Manohar, AE Habeeb, sanitary supervisor and inspector Sudhakar and Sambaiah were among others present.