- India continues to help SL’s crippled railway, completes projects worth over $1bn
- HDFC MF gets Reserve Bank nod for hiking stake in Federal Bank, Equitas SFB, 3 other lenders
- Adani Group bags Rs 13,888 crore worth contracts for smart meter installation in Maharashtra
- Will serve people despite power struggles with the Centre, asserts Kejriwal
- Suppressing negative thoughts may be good for mental health
- Man running Facebook page for anti-national activities arrested in J&K
- Microsoft bets big on AI with Copilot-driven Windows 11, new Surface devices
- After rights panel’s prompt, Manipur govt asks police chief to recover looted arms
- US govt shutdown imminent as showdown between GOP & Democrats shows no signs of receding
- Asian Games: China's Ding Liren starts favourite as India doesn't field Gukesh, Pragg in individual competition
MLA Raja Singh slams Bhairi Naresh over derogatory remarks on Lord Ayyappa Swamy
- Demands the police to take action against Bhairi Naresh and warns of stir across State
- Alleges that the ruling BRS government failed to take any action against the person who hurt the sentiments of Hindus
Hyderabad: Goshamahal MLA Raja Singh on Saturday lashed out at KCR's government for not taking any action against Bhairi Naresh who made controversial comments against Lord Ayyappa Swamy and Lord Vishnu. In a shared video, MLA Raja Singh questioned the police why they are not taking action against him even after two days after the incident took place.
He questioned whether the police are not getting time for their collection. He demanded to take immediate action against him who insulted the Hindu Gods and filed a case against him. He said that Lord Ayyappa devotees will stage a protest across the State if the police fail to take action against him.
Several Ayyappa Swamy devotees on Friday staged protest in many parts of the State demanding the arrest of Bharatha Nasthika Samajam member, Bhairi Naresh for his alleged derogatory comments on Ayyappa Swamy.
A video clip of Naresh's comments went viral across all the social media platforms.
In the city, the devotees staged a big dharna at Mangalhat and demanded for action against Naresh. Police reached the spot at Mangalhat and dispersed the protesters.
Earlier in the day, Ayyappa Swamy devotees assaulted Naresh in Kosigi for making controversial comments. Police booked cases and took Naresh into the custody. The devotees said that they were hurt by his comments on the deity that were made during a meeting held at Kodangal in Vikarabad recently.
They said the comments hurt their sentiments and Hindu community in particular. Protests were staged by several other Hindu groups at various places across the state since morning.