- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Peddapalli: Matsya Veera KCR Cup boat racing competition commences
Welfare Minister Koppula Eshwar along with Ramagundam MLA K Chander Patel and Zilla Parishad Chairman P Madhu inaugurated Matsya Veera KCR Cup State-level boat racing competitions on River Godavari in Godavarikhani of Peddapalli district on Sunday
Peddapalli: Welfare Minister Koppula Eshwar along with Ramagundam MLA K Chander Patel and Zilla Parishad Chairman P Madhu inaugurated Matsya Veera KCR Cup State-level boat racing competitions on River Godavari in Godavarikhani of Peddapalli district on Sunday.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister Eshwar said that Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao was determined to supply irrigation water to the people of Telangana and to make the entire land into fertile. Hence, he had taken up massive Kaleshwaram Project and completed it in record time making it as a lifeline to the State, he added. He praised KCR as modern Bhagiratha, who diverted Godavari water to the west by constructing Kaleshwaram project. After this project was completed, now Godavari water is flowing round the year covering 250 kilometres.
Minister Eshwar said boat racing competitions are common in Kerala but with Kaleshwaram project, we are able to conduct such competitions in our state and it is the second State-level boat racing competitions conducted in the State.
With the several schemes introduced by the TRS government and especially for fishermen community, the fish wealth was increased enormously in recent days and with boat racing competitions the people are able to get pleasant experience in this region, he added.
Ramagundam Mayor Anil Kumar, ZPTC Narayana, deputy mayor N Abhishek Rao, corporators Rajesh, Srinivas, Satish Kumar, Ramana Reddy, Krishna Veni,
Bhumaiah, Venu Gopal, Sadanandam, Bhaskar, Raj Kumar, Pulendar, Dayakar, Padma, Ganesh, Kavitha, Sarojana, Gopal Rao, Rama Swamy, Raju, Sharada, Shankar and Vijay Reddy were present along with others.