- First-ever AI musical concert held at VIT-AP University
- CEC flags off cyclothon, walkathon in Hyderabad for voter awareness
- Actress Gayatri Joshi, realtor hubby Vikas Oberoi survive Lamborghini crash in Italy
- Adobe brings Photoshop on web to new Google Chromebook Plus devices
- Nampally CBI court adjourns hearing on YS Viveka murder case to October 16
- Pawan’s foray into T electoral politics raises heat
- Congress poll panel co-chair makes bold promises
- 1.10 L voter-related problems solved in Eluru district
- Hyderabad: Poll-wary Asad takes up development works in Old City
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates food processing unit in the state
Warangal man gets life term in child rape case
The district court on Friday awarded life sentence to 24-year-old Katakam Shiva who molested and killed a six-year-old girl in 2017.
Warangal: The district court on Friday awarded life sentence to 24-year-old Katakam Shiva who molested and killed a six-year-old girl in 2017.
The First Additional District Judge K Jaya Kumar pronounced the judgment after the completion of the trial. Shiva molested and killed the girl in Gorikothapally village of Bhupalpally.
This is the second such case in just about a one-and-a-half month. It may be recalled here that the same court pronounced death sentence to Polepaka Praveen who was found guilty of molesting and murdering a nine months old infant.