- Vijayawada: Focus on restoring normalcy says CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
- Messenger Goes Secure: End-to-End Encryption Finally Default
- Kurnool: Lokayukta plays key role in doing justice to victims’ kin
- Pawan Kalyan to attend a public meeting
- Unlock Google's New AI: How to Access Gemini in Bard
- ‘Hi Nanna’ review: Emotional roller-coaster
- Tirupati: Ambedkar’s contributions to society unmatchable
- A career in Biotechnology with B.Tech degree
- Nellore: Seeds at 80% subsidy to affected farmers says Kakani Govardhan Reddy
- Cyclone damages 7,126 hectares paddy crop in Tirupati district
One held by railway police in Kadapa district
Railway CI Muhammad Baba has arrested a thief Nimmakayala Naresh for allegedly stealing gold jewellery and mobile phones under Kadapa railway police station limits and sent for the judicial remand.
Kadapa: Railway CI Muhammad Baba has arrested a thief Nimmakayala Naresh for allegedly stealing gold jewellery and mobile phones under Kadapa railway police station limits and sent for the judicial remand.
Speaking to media, CI said that Naresh is a native of Chintakayamanda village in Yellanur Mandal of Anantapur district. He boards the train like a normal passenger by purchasing the general ticket and target the other passengers in the AC coach.
He lifts the mobile phones and gold jewellery of the passengers who are sleeping in the coach. Finally, the police have arrested and recovered 15 grams necklace, 10 grams of gold chain, Rs 2,000 cash, and one mobile phone.
These recoveries were made based on the three complaints registered at Kadapa railway station. Another 15 mobile phones were also recovered from him which worth Rs 1.76 lakh.
On the occasion, CI congratulated SI KS Varma, Head constable Nagendra, Jagan Mohan Reddy, Srinivas Raju, Constable Pratap Reddy, Srinivasulu, and Suresh Babu for putting their effort in catch holding the accused.