1 cr worth farm produce in godown gutted
1. Unidentified persons set fire to the godown in the early hours of Monday
2. The warehouse belongs to TDP leader Devi Reddy Sanjiva Reddy
Kadapa: Rs 1 crore worth various commercial crop products like groundnut, jowar and coriander seeds turned into ashes as some unidentified persons allegedly set fire to the godown belonging to TDP leader Devi Reddy Sanjiva Reddy at Dindlavagu village of Lingala mandal in Pulivendula Assembly constituency in the wee hours of Monday.
According to the sources, the incident was reportedly have taken place around 3 am on Monday. On receiving information, fire officials rushed from Pulivendula town and controlled the flames. Farmers belonging to 50 villages like Gollavagu, Simhadripuram, Balapanuru, Tonduru, Inaganuru Kasanuru and Mallela have stored their produce which was grown during the Kharif season in the DSR godown on a rental basis. It is learnt that the culprits entered into the godown by breaking its shutters and set fire to the farm produce.
It may be recalled that Sanjiva Reddy has canvassed in favour of Pulivendula TDP nominee R Satish Kumar Reddy in the recent elections. In this connection, two days ago, a heated exchange took place between TDP, YSRCP functionaries in the village.
The both groups threatened against each other during incident. Pulivendula police registered the case and are investigating. Following mishap that occurred in Dindlavagu village, people of Pulivendula constituency did not dare to came out of the homes even in day light. Police administration set up pickets to prevent untoward incidents.
- 'Darkness will prevail, if Modi not get votes': Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Cheating case: Court to hear plea to cancel ex-SC staffer's bail on May 23
- 10 Pakistan-based militants who misused cross-LoC trade identified
- CPI appeals to Tejashwi Yadav to make the RJD candidate retire from contest in Begusarai
- Bookies brace for BJP-led 'khichdi' government