- Will take stringent action against perpetrators of B’luru blast: Shivakumar
- Tamannaah takes on unprecedented Naga Sadhu role in ‘Odela 2’
- Kiara Advani stuns in captivating Black dress
- ‘Hanu-Man’ triumphs with 50-day celebrations
- Ravi Teja’s intense performance to be highlighted in Mr Bachchan
- Himachal Cabinet approves excise policy for 2024-25
- Canadian visa delay for chess players: FIDE has Plan B in place
- By-poll in TN's Vilavancode to be announced on EC's guidelines: Official
- Gaza death toll rises to 30,320: Palestinian Health ministry
- Indian Government Confronts Google After Indian Apps Removed from Play Store
Aquaculture, Data Science courses at SMK
Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala would introduce two new courses in B Sc from the academic year 2019-2020, announced the college director Dr T Vijayalakshmi.
Vijayawada: Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala would introduce two new courses in B Sc from the academic year 2019-2020, announced the college director Dr T Vijayalakshmi. She said the new courses are B Sc (Maths, Statistics and Data Science) and B Sc (Aquaculture technology, Zoology and Chemistry).
She said that in the new state of Andhra Pradesh there was vast opportunity for the students in the field of Aquaculture and computer science. She said job opportunities are more in corporate sector, business and online marketing for Data Science Analyst.
Principal M Nalini said as per the growing demand in the respective fields these courses are being introduced after discussing with experts in the fields. An agreement was being signed to give apprenticeship training to the students and later provide jobs.
PVS Laboratory head Dr P Venkata Sheshaiah, Isaac Aqua businessman Gokaraju Murtyraju and A Nagesh opined that there was an acute shortage of skilled workers in the field. Dr K Phaniprakash, Addl director of fisheries AP, Dr Madhavilatha, Kakinada, Dr P Haribabu, principal fisheries college, Nellore and subject experts were present.