- Untold Stories of our Temples-3: Oh man! Govt apathy dogs God’s abode
- TDP chief may address public meet in Nellore on March 2
- INDIA bloc conceded defeat: Modi
- Guntur: Students told to focus on research
- Rahul’s Cambridge visit for lectures in poll season raises many eyebrows
- Hoax message delays Kolkata flight
- 3 Bihar Opposition MLAs ‘crossover’
- Energy dept bags 2 national awards
- British Airways supervisor on the run in India
- Abu Dhabi's Hindu temple to open for public from March 1
Bomb squads conduct checks at religious, public places
The bomb disposal squads of Tirupati Urban and Chittoor districts have conducted checks at public places and religious temples on Thursday.
Tirupati: The bomb disposal squads of Tirupati Urban and Chittoor districts have conducted checks at public places and religious temples on Thursday. The SPs instructed bomb disposal squads to carry out checks after an alert warning from the DGP office.
Under the direction of Urban SP KK Anburajan, bomb disposal squads have sanitised luggage counter at APSRTC bus stand, railway station and other important public spots. More than 4 police teams have assisted the bomb disposal squads. Even, the bomd squads also conducted checks and sanitised local temple surroundings like Govinda Rajaswamy, Tiruchanur, Srinivasa Mangapuram and Srikalahasti.
Similarly, Chittoor police also conducted the checking at Kanipakam temple and other important public gathering places in Chittoor city. Both SPs KKN Anburajan and Vikrant Patil have instructed their personnel to keep vigil on movement of suspicious persons in important towns like Tirumala, Tirupati, Srikalahasti, Kanipakam, Madanapalle and Punganur. They warned to take action if anyone was involved in anti-terror activities.