- Uttar Pradesh to organise CSR Summit soon: Official
- PMK calls for immediate measures to prevent man-animal conflict in TN
- PTI to hold intra-party elections on March 3
- 5 parenting drawbacks to avoid for holistic growth of children
- Gopichand's ‘Bhimaa’creates buzz with energetic ‘Galli Soundullo’
- Spine-chilling trailer of ‘C 202’gets unveiled
- Ranveer Singh Joins Nothing as Brand Ambassador
- Woman moves Kerala HC against husband, in-laws over 'instructions' on how to conceive male child
- Odisha needs double engine govt, says Rajnath
- PM Modi Gujarat key projects unveiling
Commuters demand that APSRTC run buses late night
Many people in the district are demanding APSRTC to run buses between Kakinada and Rajamahendravaram even in late night for the convenience of the commuters.
Kakinada: Many people in the district are demanding APSRTC to run buses between Kakinada and Rajamahendravaram even in late night for the convenience of the commuters. The people are facing problems to travel between Kakinada and Rajamahendravaram after 10 pm due to lack of bus services. As a result the commuters are forced to go to Samalkota by an auto spending an amount of Rs 50 per head and from there catch a train to reach Rajamahendravaram.
Kakinada is the district head quarters and Rajamahendravaram is a business centre for two districts and a large number of people travel between two cities daily. But, the APSRTC is ignoring the pleas of commuters to operate adequate buses.
A private employee N Ramaraju has expressed concern over the negligent attitude of APSRTC and said he is facing problems to reach Rajamahendravaram after office hours and spending at about Rs 200 towards auto and train fares to reach Rajamahendravaram.
A government employee K Anuradha has questioned that why APSRTC is not operating buses after 10 pm. She said it is inevitable to board an auto to go to Samalkota and later to go to railway station to catch a train to reach Rajamahendravarm.
Otherwise, the commuters should reach Ravulapalem and from there to Rajamahendravaram by spending more amount, she lamented. She demanded RTC the authorities to run buses even in late night between the two cities.