- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 28 February, 2024
- TDP-Jana Sena to hold Telugu Jana Vijaya Ketanam meeting in Tadepalligudem today
- Narayana Yuva Sena demands fresh water supply from plant established by Narayana
- Durgesh supporters take out rally seeking ticket to him
- NMD Farooq consoles kin of those died due to arrest of Naidu in Nandyal
- MWC 2024: Samsung Displayed OLED Cling Band: A Futuristic smartphone and a smartwatch
- Bishop Jayarao Polimera, Head of the Roman Catholic emphasises youth should have talent
- GVMC mayor lays foundation stone for development works in Maddilapalem
- Kotamreddy confident of hattrick victory
- MVV Satyanarayana lays foundation stone for Varasiddhi Vinayaka Durga Polamamba Temple in Vizag
Corruption plagues housing scheme
Within days after formation of new government, high level of corruption by the political leaders of previous administration came to light, much to the dismay of housing scheme beneficiaries.
Bhimavaram: Within days after formation of new government, high level of corruption by the political leaders of previous administration came to light, much to the dismay of housing scheme beneficiaries. A leader of TDP had allegedly indulged in illegal collection of money from the beneficiaries with a promise to deliver houses under NTR Housing scheme. The beneficiaries turned victims as they blindly believed in the leader.
According to victims, a land for housing purpose was allotted to 56 families at Vempa village in Bhimavaram constituency. The TDP leader, allegedly collected Rs 80,000 to Rs 1 lakh from each of the families on the pretext that the government would only sanction Rs 1.5 lakh under the housing scheme which would be insufficient to complete the construction of houses. The victims believed in the TDP leader as he was representing development committee.
While constructions of some houses were stopped at slab stage and others came to a halt at basement stage. As there was no progress in the works for three years, vegetation and bushes grew in the housing units.
Panchayat former ward member I Santarao said that the beneficiaries were told that because of election code the works were stalled. Moreover, no house site pattas were given to real beneficiaries. Nobody knows from where they secure the title deeds.
Allegations galore on the collection of Rs 30 lakh from 30 persons for levelling of another government land adjacent to the existing colony. When contacted, the housing officials said that if the beneficiaries continue construction, they would extend financial help in a phased manner.
If they did not show interest in construction, how they could help the beneficiaries, they questioned.The TDP leader who duped the victims was reluctant to reply when approached by this correspondent.