- ‘Tiger Nageswara Rao’ trailer: Ravi Teja shines as notorious thief
- AI to be included in curriculum for madrasa students in UP
- IIM-L achieves 100% placement for its students
- Extend ESI & PF to private sector workers: CITU
- Vijayawada: Temple tourism to be promoted in big way
- New-born-baby boy allegedly abducted from GGH in Guntur
- Tulu Dynasty inscription unearthed in Lepakshi
- Telangana High Court directs govt to apprise on appointment of HRC chief & members after two weeks
- Vijayashanti feels secret revealed by PM Modi was true
- Mustafa, a delivery agent found dead in swimming pool in Florida
Eluru: Excise department conducts raids on arrack units and 24 persons arrested
Raids were conducted simultaneously at different places since early Wednesday. In all 21 cases were registered and the police seized illegal liquor and destroyed
Eluru: As part of Operation Sura, the police in association with Excise Department have conducted raids on arrack preparation units and belt shops and arrested 24 persons all over the district.
As per directives of DGP Gautam Sawang and instructions of SP Navdeep Singh Grewal, the raids were conducted simultaneously at different places since early Wednesday.
In all 21 cases were registered and the police seized illegal liquor and destroyed raw material used in the preparation of arrack.
A total of 30 teams were formed for the purpose of raids.
The teams raided 46 places and seized 273 liquor bottles worth Rs 61,000.
Apart from this, they destroyed 7400 litres of jaggery wash used in the manufacture of arrack.