- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
Follow rules strictly in counting of votes: Collector
Collector J Nivas on Saturday directed the officials to follow the instructions strictly regarding counting of votes.
Srikakulam: Collector J Nivas on Saturday directed the officials to follow the instructions strictly regarding counting of votes. A training programme on counting of votes was conducted for returning officers and staff on Saturday at a private engineering college in Srikakulam.
Speaking on the occasion, the collector directed the officials to observe all procedures while counting of votes without deviation. He said postal ballots should be opened initially and observe all forms carefully. After examination of postal ballots if any deviations were found, he asked them to reject them immediately.
All the above verification and counting shall be done in the presence of contesting candidates and their agents. All objections raised by either candidate or their agents should be considered based on rules and regulations. Collector explained pre-counting and counting process to the officials and staff. Joint collector KVN Chakradhara Babu, additional joint collector P Rajanikantha Rao also participated.