- Shah Rukh Khan reacts to Allu Arjun’s son Ayaan singing ‘Dunki’ song; offers ‘Sri Valli’ treat in return
- Rashmika Mandanna reveals reason behind her absence from ‘Animal’ post-release celebrations
- Nag Ashwin unveils time-bending epic ‘Kalki 2898 AD,’ bridging Mahabharat to the future
- Gold rates in Delhi today slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today slashes, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Gold rates in Hyderabad slashes today, check the rates on 26 February, 2024
- Four dead after a bus collides with a stationary lorry in Kakinada
- Harish demands ‘appointed day’ for RTC employees as govt staff
- KTR sees Revanth’s hand in attack on scribe
- CBI notice to Kavitha, a drama to divert people’s attention: Jagga Reddy
Heatwave conditions prevail in Chittoor, Prakasam dists
The people of Andhra Pradesh are likely to get some relief from the sweltering heat as the weather experts predicted that the mercury may come down by two degrees Celsius from Sunday onwards.
Vijayawada: The people of Andhra Pradesh are likely to get some relief from the sweltering heat as the weather experts predicted that the mercury may come down by two degrees Celsius from Sunday onwards.
The Andhra Pradesh Weather Forecasting and Early Warning Research Centre (AWARE), a division of Real-Time Governance Society (RTGS), in its release said that due to climatic changes in Bay of Bengal between Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh coast, the State of Andhra Pradesh may witness slight decrease (by two degrees Celsius) in temperatures on Sunday.
However, the heatwave and the high temperatures continued in the State on Saturday also. Several parts of the State witnessed nearly 47 degrees Celsius. Chittoor district stood as most warmth on Saturday as its recorded the highest temperature of 46.43 degrees Celsius in Nagalapuram mandal.
Ten mandals in this district recorded temperatures between 45 degrees and 47 degrees Celsius.
Chandragiri - 46.12 degrees Celsius, Renigunta - 46.09 degrees Celsius, Karvetinagaram - 45.89 degrees Celsius, Thottambedu- 45.85 degrees Celsius, Vijayapuram - 44.99 degrees Celsius, Yerpedu -44.82 degrees Celsius, Renigunta- 44.64 degrees Celsius and Tirupati- 44.49 degrees Celsius.
Prakasam district continued to simmer as many parts in this district recorded high temperatures. As many as 10 mandals of the district recorded temperatures between 45 degrees Celsius and 47 degrees Celsius. Darsi mandal recorded maximum temperature of 46.42 degree Celsius.