- WTC Final: Steve Smith equals Joe Root's record of most Test centuries against India
- Long Covid can impact fatigue, quality of life worse than some cancers: Study
- Delhi court dismisses bizman Arun Pillai's bail plea in excise policy case
- Tata Power Renewable Energy subsidiary receives Letter of Award to set up 966MW Round-the-clock (RTC) Hybrid Renewable Power Project for Tata Steel
- Motion Poster Revealed!
- Mahindra launches its first Dual-Fuel small commercial vehicle, the new Supro CNG Duo; Price starts at ₹6.32 lakh
- MHA sanctions Rs 101.75 cr relief package for people displaced in Manipur violence
- 'India, Serbia have huge potential for trade & investment': President Murmu
- Air India flight to San Francisco: Airline to refund ticket fare to all 216 passengers
- New Medical Colleges for AP Telangana
Mandapeta CI Suspended
The CI allegedly tortured a boy, who later committed suicide
Kakinada: Eluru DIG KV Mohan Rao suspended Mandapeta Circle Inspector K Durga Prasad following the allegations of causing death of a 20-year-old boy by severely beating and torturing him. The CI allegedly tortured applying third degree methods on Pragada Arjun of Mandapeta.
Parents and relatives of the youth staged rasta roko with the body at Kaluva Puvvu centre in Mandapeta on Wednesday, demanding the higher officials to book criminal case against the Circle Inspector and other police officials.
According to sources, Arjun was working in a private company in Hyderabad and recently came to Mandapeta to help his father in agriculture work. He fell in love with a girl and both the parents agreed to perform marriage, after she becomes major.
Meanwhile, Mandapeta Circle Inspector Durga Prasad called Arjun to the station stating that the girl's parents lodged a complaint against him. Arjun's parents said that the CI called their son on Monday and he was allegedly tortured the entire day. They informed that their son had informed them how police tortured him and that he was unable to bear the pain. On Tuesday, he committed suicide by hanging in a shed at the fields.
Ramachandrapuram DSP Balachandra Reddy reached the spot and held discussions with the parents and the agitators. He promised them to action on the police officials, if their allegations are proved.
Ramachandrapuram MLA Vegulla Jogeswara Rao, Jana Sena Party and YSRCP leaders condemned the incident.
When allegations were proved in the preliminary inquiry, East Godavari District Superintendent of Police M Ravindranath Babu recommended for disciplinary action against the CI and as per the report, the DIG suspended him.