- ‘Geethanjali Malli Vachindi’ team comes with a crazy idea; to unveil teaser in a graveyard
- Samantha back in the game; shares a picture of practising martial arts
- Sree Vishnu comes with a crazy title ‘Om Bheem Bush’
- IMA analyses reasons for rising cardiac arrests
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu Opens Up About Her Weight and Morning Workout Routine.
- Visakhapatnam: Development came to a halt in AP says Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy
- Country needs leadership of Modi: Kishan
- Srikakulam: Importance of mother tongue stressed
- Youth should be aware of threats to nation, says Karuna Gopal
- Apple Claims Improved iPhone 15 Battery Health; Details Remain Unclear
Mopidevi to submit resignation as soon as Parliament abolishes Council
Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, Minister for Marketing, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry announced that as soon as the Parliament will abolish the AP Legislative Council, he will tender resignation to his ministry.
Amaravati: Mopidevi Venkata Ramana, Minister for Marketing, Fisheries and Animal Husbandry announced that as soon as the Parliament will abolish the AP Legislative Council, he will tender resignation to his ministry.
Speaking at a press conference at Secretariat on Wednesday, he said that YSRCP government has been hoping to get clearance from central government for abolition of the Council. He reiterated that the decision to abolish council was taken keeping the state future in mind.
He is an MLC, representing the Council of Ministers from the Upper House. The Minister said that he was ready to resign to his ministry once the clearance from centre comes.
Reacting on the demand of TDP that the two ministers from Council should immediately resign, he said that they need not resign on their demands. He said that he was not bothering about the ministry.
He criticised that by misusing the majority in the elders House, the opposition TDP that was trying to hamper the government business. The TDP has 28 members and YSRCP has only 9 members in the 58 member Council.
He said that TDP was not confining to advise but acting against the government's aims. The decentralisation bill and APCRDA repeal bill are related to the state's future, but the Council sent them for select committee against the public interest, he criticised.
The Minister alleged that TDP stalled the bills as they will cause loss to the land bank of opposition leader N Chandrababu Naidu and his benamis.
Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has inducted two ministers into his Cabinet from the Council. Pilli Subhash Chandra Bose is another minister, apart from Venkata Ramana.