- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Nellore: Clear dues to housing beneficiaries, TDP demands
TDP leaders organised a huge rally and protests in Kovur on Monday demanding payment of dues with regard to housing scheme to the beneficiaries.
Nellore: TDP leaders organised a huge rally and protests in Kovur on Monday demanding payment of dues with regard to housing scheme to the beneficiaries. They said that the TDP government had paid dues up to April this year and they were stopped due to poll code.
The rally was held from TDP office to Tahsildar's office. The beneficiaries of the housing scheme who participated in the rally handed over a representation to Tahsildar.
District General Secretary of TDP Ch Venkateswara Reddy said that the TDP government had planned to provide permanent housing for the poor and constructed large number of houses for them. Many have completed the houses. But, some houses are still under construction stage and bills have to be paid to them from April. He demanded the government to pay the dues for completing pending constructions. Local leaders P Srihari Reddy, P Rama Rao, Indupuru Muralikrishna Reddy and others were present.