- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
One person died on the spot and two more critically injured at a road mishap
One person died on the spot and two more critically injured at a road accident that took place at Jonnagiri village in Thuggali Mandal on the early hours of Saturday.
Kurnool: One person died on the spot and two more critically injured at a road accident that took place at Jonnagiri village in Thuggali Mandal on the early hours of Saturday. The deceased has been identified as Challa Sunkanna (63). According to information, Challa Sunkanna accompanied with son Challa Giddaiah and daughter-in-law Ranii were going to their agriculture farm on a bullock cart from the village.
When they reach Cheruvu Katta a speeding lorry hit the cart from the rear end. In the incident, Challa Sunkanna died on the spot while his son and daughter-in-law suffered critical injuries. Even the cart was also scattered to pieces. After the incident, the lorry driver fled the scene.
The villagers on learning about the incident rushed to the spot and shifted the critically injured to Kurnool government general hospital for treatment.
The Jonnagiri police on receiving the information rushed to the accident spot and pursued the situations.
The cops shifted the dead body to Adoni government general hospital for conducting an autopsy. The case was taken up for investigation after registering a case under relevant sections. Man hit was launched to nab the absconding lorry driver.