- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Pre-retirement function for Naval chief : Visakhapatnam
Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), accompanied by Reena Lanba, president, Naval Wives Welfare Association (NWWA), arrived on a three-day farewell visit to the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) on Wednesday.
Visakhapatnam: Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), accompanied by Reena Lanba, president, Naval Wives Welfare Association (NWWA), arrived on a three-day farewell visit to the Eastern Naval Command (ENC) on Wednesday.
On arrival, Admiral Lanba was received by Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, Commanding-in-Chief at INS Dega. During his stay, the CNS will interact with officers, sailors and defence civilians of the ENC, as also embark the Eastern Fleet at sea.
Sunil Lanba retires from the Navy on May 31 after over four decades of distinguished service. His over four decades of experience include tenures at sea, ashore at various headquarters, operational and training establishments as well as tri-services institutions.
On elevation to the flag rank, Admiral Lanba has held several significant assignments in the navy including as the Chief of Staff, SNC, Flag Officer Sea Training and as Flag Officer Commanding Maharashtra and Gujarat Naval Area.
On promotion to Vice Admiral, he has been the Chief of Staff, ENC, Commandant, National Defence College and the Vice Chief of Naval Staff.