- India’s AI market to reach $17 bn by 2027
- Sonia elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- Cabinet expansion likely after LS polls
- Congress faces tough task to pick LS nominees
- SC overturns Chandigarh mayoral poll result
- Vijayawada: Canara Bank donates Rs 1L to Flag Day fund
- RRR (south) gets Centre’s nod
- India's longest transportation tunnel opens in Jammu
- Vijayawada: Malaysia education fair launched
- Kashmir to rival Switzerland: PM
Rythu Sangham demands withdrawl of cases by PepsiCo
The leaders and representatives of the Andhra Pradesh Rythu Sangham from Prakasam district, CITU, Rythu Koolie Sangham and other farmers staged a protest in front of the district collectorate in Ongole on Tuesday.
Ongole: The leaders and representatives of the Andhra Pradesh Rythu Sangham from Prakasam district, CITU, Rythu Koolie Sangham and other farmers staged a protest in front of the district collectorate in Ongole on Tuesday and demanded the government to see the PepsiCo withdraw cases against the farmers in Gujarat immediately.
The representatives of these organisations Hanumantha Rao, Venkatarao and Chikati Srinivasa Rao said that the PepsiCo has booked cases on farmers in Gujarat for cultivating a variety of potatoes that the company was using in manufacturing the Lays chips.
They said that the company was demanding the farmers do not store, cultivate the variety of the potatoes that were registered for them. They demanded the government to intervene in the matter immediately and pressurise the company to immediately withdraw cases put on the innocent farmers.
The representatives of the Andhra Pradesh Rythu Sangham, Rythu Koolie Sangham, CITU, and others also burnt the packets of Lays potato chips as a protest against the company and raised slogans against it.