- British Indian artist in race for Trafalgar Square plinth
- India’s AI market to reach $17 bn by 2027
- Sonia elected unopposed to Rajya Sabha
- Cabinet expansion likely after LS polls
- Congress faces tough task to pick LS nominees
- SC overturns Chandigarh mayoral poll result
- Vijayawada: Canara Bank donates Rs 1L to Flag Day fund
- RRR (south) gets Centre’s nod
- India's longest transportation tunnel opens in Jammu
- Vijayawada: Malaysia education fair launched
Stone laid for laboratory complex in IISER
The foundation stone laid for the undergraduate laboratory complex at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in Yerpedu near here on Friday.
Tirupati: The foundation stone laid for the undergraduate laboratory complex at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) in Yerpedu near here on Friday. It will have three laboratories for biology, chemistry and physics and it will also have a 200-seater classroom.
The complex will be built in 3,500 square metres and will be completed by February 2020. Already, the construction of hostel building to accommodate 600 students is in progress and likely to be completed by December 2019.
The groundbreaking ceremony for the laboratory complex was done by the dean Prof G Ambika in the presence of IISER Director Prof KN Ganesh, Prof BJ Rao and the Registrar Dr CP Mohan Kumar.