- Canada-based gangster Sukhdul Singh killed in Winnipeg
- Nari Shakti Vandan Adhiniyam gift to ISRO women scientists; foreign invaders halted India's scientific progress: Rajnath
- Surya Teja Aelay’s ‘Bharathanatyam’ first look gets unveiled
- Suhas ‘Cable Reddy’ first look creates interest
- Sri Lakshmi Movies bags Telugu release rights of ‘Chandramukhi 2’
- Rupee rises 5 paise to close at 83.06 against US dollar
- Calcutta High Court upholds previous order on CBI probe in cooperative society scam in Bengal
- Bhima Koregaon case: Supreme Court adjourns hearing on activist Jyoti Jagtap's bail plea
- Women workers of BJP to make arrangements for PM Modi's meeting in Jaipur
- DGCA implements new rest regulations for air traffic controllers at 57 airports
Water to be released for irrigation of kharif crops in East Godavari
Farming community is gearing up for kharif operations with the Water Resource Department (WRD) planning to release water into central, eastern and western delta canals
Rajamahendravaram: Farming community is gearing up for kharif operations with the Water Resource Department (WRD) planning to release water into central, eastern and western delta canals.
The farmers have urged the officials to ensure that the water reaches tail-end lands this year at least as they farmers mostly in some parts of Konaseema area were denied of water.
Paddy will be cultivated in nine lakh acres during Khariff season. According to an official of WRD, as many as 120 to 130 TMC of water required during khariff season.
Sufficient water would be released for irrigation of crops as normal monsoon is forecast.
Meanwhile, the Department has started closing the breaches in the canals and taken up necessary repair works. Irrigation Advisory Board will meet shortly to decide the date to release water into the canals.