- Pearl Academy explores the intersection of creativity and technology at its flagship event What’s Next
- Awareness programme Will be on PM VishwaKarma yojana on Tuesday
- Raveena soaks up some sunshine in Tadoba
- I will be in the contest Former TDP MLA Vetukuri Sivarama Raju
- Pawan asked me to go to Nidadavolu: Kandula Durgesh
- Filmmaker VN Aditya receives Doctorate from George Washington University of Peace, America
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Ring at Mobile World Congress
- Kavitha urges CBI to withdraw notice in Delhi excise policy case
- PM Modi’s visit to Dwarkadhish temple, a message for Lord Krishna devouts?
- Nani collaborates with ‘OG’ director Sujeeth
Flood relief cheques distributed to affected families in Bengaluru
Revenue Minister R Ashok handed over cheques of Rs 25,000 each to 344 families whose houses were marooned following heavy rains in Bengaluru
Bengaluru: Revenue Minister R Ashok handed over cheques of Rs 25,000 each to 344 families whose houses were marooned following heavy rains in Bengaluru.
Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) said Rs 86 lakh compensation was given to the affected families on Sunday.
"Due to heavy rainfall in Bengaluru, many houses in Hosakerehalli ward have been flooded. The residents here are facing great hardship. As a primary flood relief measure and as per the guidance of CM B S Yeddyurappa today I handed over cheques of ₹25000 to 344 affected families," Ashok tweeted.
Out of the 344 households who received cheques in the city, 304 are in Dattatreya Nagar and 40 in Kumaraswamy Layout.
On Saturday, Yeddyurappa visited the waterlogged areas of Hosakerahalli along with the revenue minister and BBMP commissioner N Manjunath Prasad.
After visiting the area the CM announced the compensation for the affected families.