- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
DMK to celebrate centenary of Late CM Karunanidhi today
Centenary celebrations of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and DMK patriarch M.Karunanidhi, which were postponed on June 3 in the wake of the Odisha train accident, will be organised on Wednesday.
Veteran DMK leader and state Minister for Water Resources S. Duraimurugan will preside over the meeting to be held at 5 p.m at the Binny company mills ground.
Chief Minister and son of M. Karuanidhi, M.K. Stalin will speak on the occasion.
Leaders of the DMK-led Secular Progressive Alliance (SPA) will also participate in the event. This includes Thol Thirumavalavan (VCK), K. Balakrishnan (CPI(M), Vaiko (MDMK), Mutharasan (CPI), Khader Moideen (IUML), Jawahariullah (MMK) will participate in the function.
DMK leaders and ministers in the Stalin cabinet Sekar Babu, I. Periyasamy, K.N. Nehru, Ponmudy, and Party MPs, including Kanimozhi - the late patriarch's daughter -, T.R. Baalu, A. Rajaa and Anthiyur Selvaraj will take part in the event.