Disabled urged to make use of Naa Vote app
CEO Rajat Kumar on Sunday said some 70,000 physically challenged persons have enrolled their names in electoral rolls for exercising their franchise. The disabled can now make use of "Naa Vote App" to exercise their franchise in the polls.
Hyderabad (NSS): CEO Rajat Kumar on Sunday said some 70,000 physically challenged persons have enrolled their names in electoral rolls for exercising their franchise. The disabled can now make use of "Naa Vote App" to exercise their franchise in the polls.
The CEO conducted an awareness rally on the Necklace Road for physically disabled persons to ensure voting in the democratic process. He participated in the programme and took pledge to ensure that the disabled make use of their votes in the polls at Necklace Road on People Plaza along with CP Anjani Kumar, Rachakonda CP Mahesh Bhagvat, Disabled Welfare Commissioner, Cricketer Mithali Raj, Lyricist Anantha Sriram, Shravya, Abhinaya and others.
"It felt happy to note that the number of disabled has been on the rise in the elections and the Election Commission was making required arrangements for them. We are conducting several programs for their awareness and taking steps and got a pat from President Ramnath Konvind."
Anjani Kumar said the disabled turnout was more in Assembly polls and this time in Lok Sabha elections it will increase further. The Police will help the disabled if they call 100 in five minutes in the city to reach their destinations, he added.
Besides Dr Rajat Kumar, IAS, City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar, Cyberabad Police Commissioner Mahesh M Bhagawat, Hyderabad District Collector K Manicka Raj, Amrapali Kata, Yam Times English daily editor-in-chief Mir Firasath Ali Baqri, Indian Women Cricket Team Captain Mithali Raj, other officials and eminent personalities and disabled persons participated in the awareness walk on general eections to Lok Sabha -2019 with a view to fulfilling the motto of Election Commission of India – No Voter to be Left Behind – The programme was organised by the WD&SC Department.
Features of Naa Vote App
- Find Polling Station by Voter ID or by providing Voter Name and District. The app will highlight the voter's polling station on the map.
- Constituency Information: Find your ERO name, email and address. You can also know who are the candidates competing in that constituency.
- Pick-Up Service: This service is available for PwD (Persons with Disability). You can request a PickUp to your polling Station.
- Election Schedule: Find the election details including schedule here.
Prominent PwDs who attended rally
- Mahendra Viashnav, Blind International Cricket Player
- Shreya Kanthi, Visualluly Impaired Singer
- Abhinaya, Hearing Impaired Film Actor
- B.Sujatha, TV anchor
- B Narsing Rao, Barrier Free Campaigner
For PwD Voters
Volunteer info: You can find the volunteers data of the particular district and constituency here.
Find Best Route: Find the best route to reach the Polling Station by clicking on "Reach Your Polling Station" tab.
- Enter your EPIC number and know how to reach your polling station.
- Find your nearby Polling Station, Police Station and Bus Stops here