- Visakhapatnam: Amarnath berates joint list a ‘package’ engineering
- Modi has waged a war against dynastic politics in last 10 years: Tejasvi Surya
- Beauty queens get set for Miss World 2024
- Vijayawada: Educated youth, women get priority
- MLA’s death: Govt mulls ‘special fitness test’ on VIPs’ drivers
- Rajamahendravaram: Gorantla Butchaiah Chowdary names likely to be in 2nd list list
- Rajamahendravaram: TDP-JSP combine announces 15 candidates in Godavari districts
- Chinna Reddy appointed vice chairman of Planning Board
- Probe into ‘threat’ to burn down train returning from Ayodhya: BJP
- BJP Mahila Morcha seeks SC’s intervention
Hyderabad: CJI N V Ramana plants sapling at Raj Bhavan
Chief Justice of India, N V Ramana planted a sapling at Raj Bhavan complex in Hyderabad on Tuesday.
Hyderabad: Chief Justice of India, N V Ramana planted a sapling at Raj Bhavan complex in Hyderabad on Tuesday.
Participating in The Green India programme initiated by Santosh Kumar, MP, Justice NV Ramana called upon legal fraternity to encourage and take part in programmes that enhance the green cover which is essential to maintain the balance in the ecosystem.
"It is important to protect the Mother Nature by promoting greenery in a big way. We must ensure required green cover so as to protect the nature and ensure sustainable development for the benefit of future generations," said CJI.
Moreover, CJI termed the Green India programme as a good and timely initiative to promote awareness and greenery in our country.
He also emphasised on the need to take up these green initiatives on a massive scale to ensure ecological balance and protect our eco-systems to sustain life on Planet Earth. J. Santosh Kumar, who pioneered the green drive and some senior Judicial officials were present on the occasion.