- Jaishankar wraps up New York leg of US visit, to travel to Washington between Sep 27-30
- RBI cancels licence of Kapol Cooperative Bank in Mumbai
- WII team inspects Alipiri footpath
- KCR advises people take safety measures during Ganesh idol immersion
- Chiefs of Indo-Pacific Armies agree on joint action plan to tackle challenges in region
- Chandrapur sarpanch receives Union Tourism Award
- 'Amit Shah assured that murderers will be punished', Manipur CM on students' killing
- Asian Games: Sift Kaur wins gold with world record as shooters make India's day; Vishnu Saravanan wins bronze in sailing
- DUTA polls record 85% voting, counting underway
- IT Department searches offices of Chinese electronic giant Lenovo in Mumbai, Bengaluru, Gurugram
Vijayawada: 3-day International conference begins at VIT
The first International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineer-ing & Material Science (ICAMEMS) is being held virtually at VIT AP Uni-versity, Amaravati from January 22 to 24.
Vijayawada: The first International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineer-ing & Material Science (ICAMEMS) is being held virtually at VIT AP Uni-versity, Amaravati from January 22 to 24.
Chief guest S Balchandran, Executive Chairman and CEO, Buimerc Cor-poration Ltd., Dubai, UAE, emphasised the role of mechanical, civil and electrical engineering in building block of current technologies develop-ment.
During the pandemic period, there is a need to developing technologies which cater to the requirements of society, he said.
Dr Mohammad Younis, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Binghamton University, State University of New York, USA motivated students to make use of the conference to develop technologies based on the challenges the society faced.
Dr G Viswanathan, Founder & Chancellor, VIT, emphasised the contribu-tion of VIT Group of Institutions, in research and pointed out that its alumni were doing well in various industries across the globe.
Dr S V Kota Reddy, Vice-Chancellor, VIT-AP, highlighted the role of mul-tidisciplinary research and innovation for development of technologies with patent filing.
The participants will present the research findings in the areas of materi-als and mechanical engineering for the benefit of scientific community. Dr P S Rama Sreekanth, convenor ICAMEMS, said that there are 6 invit-ed talks by speakers who are associated with reputed institutes and uni-versities. In all, 1000 participants from 25 states and from 13 countries are taking part in the conference. As many as 120 articles have been accepted for publication.
Dr C L V Sivakumar, Registrar, VIT-AP, faculty, scholars and staff were also present.