- Telangana High Court likely to deliver verdict on YS Avinash Reddy's anticipatory bail
- Gold and silver rates today in Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai - 31 May 2023
- Pushpa 2 Artists Injured In A Bus Accident Near Narkatpally
- Edible oil brand Sunpure launches new campaign
- Devotees rush to Tirumala reduces slightly today, to take 18 hours for Sarvadarshans
- Gold and silver rates today stable in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kerala, Visakhapatnam - 31 May 2023
- Andhra Pradesh: Parts of state likely to receive rains with lightning strikes
- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
Vijayawada: Depressed over husband's extramarital affair, wife hangs to death
A young woman has committed suicide after her husband had an extramarital affair with another woman and neglected her. The incident took place on Monday night in the Mogalrajpuram area under Machavaram police station.
A young woman has committed suicide after her husband had an extramarital affair with another woman and neglected her. The incident took place on Monday night in the Mogalrajpuram area under Machavaram police station. According to Machavaram CI Prabhakar, Bhuvanagiri Nagavenkata Anjana Krishna, 30, of Yarrabalem, Guntur district, was married to Renuka Sridevi 19, of the same area in November last year in the presence of elders.
A few months ago, Anjan Krishna and Renuka Sridevi rented a house near the Mogalrajpuram sales hall in Vijayawada. Anjana Krishna, who runs a cell phone shop in the same area, is having an extramarital affair with another woman, ignoring his wife, which led to quarrels between the spouses. Anjan Krishna started abusing wife mentally and physically for alcohol. Panchayats between the elders were sometimes held in this context. Anjana Krishna told the panchayat elders that he would not bother his wife anymore. Within a few days, he started having an extramarital affair and started drinking. This further escalated the quarrels between the couple.
Anjana Krishna, who had an altercation with his wife on Sunday night, left for his cell phone shop on Monday morning and Renuka pleaded with him not to go out due to heavy rain and bandh. However, Anjana Krishna got into a fight and left. Renuka committed suicide by hanging herself to a fan, upset that her husband has left her and her life is ruined. Anjan Krishna, who came home at 9 pm, saw his wife hanging.
After receiving this information, the Machavaram police reached the spot and collected the details. The body was taken to the Government Hospital for postmortem. Police have registered a case of suspicious death as per the complaint of the deceased's family members.