Two accused in 85 cases held ; firearms siezed
Two men allegedly involved in over 85 criminal cases were arrested here, police said on Friday.
New Delhi: Two men allegedly involved in over 85 criminal cases were arrested here, police said on Friday. The accused, identified as Shakeel (35) and Rashid (28), were operating in areas of Delhi-NCR. They were arrested on April 2 from their rented accommodation in Jamia Nagar and two semi-automatic pistols, along with eight live cartridges, were recovered from them, they said.
In February, the accused duo, along with their associates, burgled the house of famous poet Ashok Chakradhar in Sarita Vihar area and took cash and valuables from the house, but his awards and medals remained intact, Pramod Singh Kushwah, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Special Cell) said.
Shakeel, carrying a cash reward of Rs 50,000 in a case of armed dacoity committed on September 17, 2018 in Jagatpuri area, was previously involved in more than 70 cases of dacoity, robbery, snatching, extortion, kidnapping, attempt to murder, assault on police and arms act, the DCP said. He was also declared as a proclaimed offender in cases pertaining to assault on police and was lured into the crime world by his brother-in-law gangster Satyaprakash, he said.
In 2018, on July 23, Rashid, along with his other associates, had killed one Akash in Mayur Vihar area. He is also involved in allegedly raping a minor girl in the same area. He is previously involved in more than 15 cases, police said.
- Concerned over reports of alleged tampering of voters' verdict: Pranab Mukherjee
- Opposition leaders meet EC officials, demand verification of VVPAT slips before counting of votes
- Sanjeeva Matandoor: Congress-JD (S) coalition has failed the people of Karnataka
- EVMs absolutely safe in strongrooms: Election Commission
- Pakistani boat carrying drugs seized by Indian Coast Guard