- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
1 CRPF jawan injured in IED blast by terrorists in J&K's Pulwama
A CRPF jawan has suffered injuries in an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) attack carried out by terrorists in Gangoo area of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday, the CRPF said.
The incident took place at 0740 hours today following which one CRPF personnel of 182 Bn CRPF sustained minor splinter injury and was evacuated to Unit MI room.
It is suspected that the attack was to target a CRPF Convoy, the area is being cordoned off and other details awaited, the CRPF informed.
The forces retaliated with some aerial firing. It was a low-intensity blast.
A search operation is underway.