- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Citizen-friendly budget, says PM Modi
Describing the Union Budget as citizen-friendly, development- friendly and future oriented, Prime Minister Narendra Modi
New Delhi: Describing the Union Budget as citizen-friendly, development- friendly and future oriented, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said it will empower the poor and provide the youth with a better future.
Terming the Budget as one that extends "hope" and boosts "self-confidence", he said the policies of the government will empower the downtrodden and turn them into a "power house" for the development of the country.
In a televised address after the Union Budget was tabled in Parliament, Modi said it is a "green budget" which focuses on the environment and pitches for green and clean energy and transportation needs.
Modi said the Budget underlines structural reforms in the agricultural sector and has a roadmap to transform the farm sector and doubling farmers' income.
Lauding the Budget as a document for building a "New India", he said it will strengthen the poor and will create a better future for the youth of the country.
Highlighting the potential benefits of the Budget, the PM said it will accelerate the pace of development in the country and will greatly benefit the middle class.
"The Budget will simplify the tax process and help in modernising infrastructure in the country," Modi said.