- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
- Asian Games: Indian Men's Hockey Team stuns Pakistan, picks dominant 10-2 win
- Foreign intelligence agency involved in terror incidents in Pak, claims Minister
- Tribal party sponsored 12-hour bandh hits normal life in Tripura’s tribal areas
- US misses the 'bigger picture' on row with Canada, says Jaishankar
IED recovered in J&K's Pulwama, major tragedy averted
A major tragedy was averted on Monday when the security forces recovered an improvised explosive device (IED) planted by militants in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district.
Srinagar: A major tragedy was averted on Monday when the security forces recovered an improvised explosive device (IED) planted by militants in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama district.
Police said an IED planted by militants under a bridge near Tujan village in Pulwama was detected and recovered by the security forces.
Militants have been planting IEDs on roads and highways to target passing vehicles of the security forces in Kashmir.
To thwart the militant designs, parties of security forces assisted by sniffer dogs and electronic equipments move out first to secure roads and highways.
These trained parties of the security forces are known as road opening parties (ROPs).