Infiltrators are termites, will throw them out: Amit Shah
Referring to illegal migrants from Bangladesh as "termites", BJP president Amit Shah Thursday said his party will throw them out after coming to power at the Centre for a second consecutive term.
Raiganj: Referring to illegal migrants from Bangladesh as "termites", BJP president Amit Shah Thursday said his party will throw them out after coming to power at the Centre for a second consecutive term.
Addressing a rally here, he alleged that the Mamata Banerjee-led Trinamool Congress government in West Bengal was only interested in appeasing minorities. The BJP chief claimed that TMC stood for Tushtikaran, (appeasement), Mafia and Chit Funds. "The illegal immigrants are like termites. They are eating the grain that should go to the poor, they are taking our jobs. The T of TMC stands for Tushtikaran, (appeasement), M for Mafia and C for Chitfunds," Shah said.
After coming to power, the BJP would find these termites and throw them out, he asserted, adding that citizenship would, however, be granted to every Hindu and Buddhist refugee.
Maintaining that the countdown to "corrupt" TMC government's downfall will begin on May 23, when the BJP bags 23 Lok Sabha seats from Bengal, Shah appealed to the voters to give the saffron party an opportunity to serve them.
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors